Friday 9 December 2011

Quick update

Hello everyone! I apologise for the lack of posts this week, exam panic well and truly set in so when I wasn't frantically trying to learn everything I've been told since September I've been necking coffee and only just remembering to eat dinner.

However, I am off to Lyon to visit some friends from uni who are there for their Year Abroad and also to visit their "Fête des Lumières", a really huge festival that takes place all throughout the city from the 8th until the 11th. It draws in something like 3 million tourists over the three nights - so it's just as well I have a friends' apartment to crash at rather than trying to find a spare bed in a hostel, particularly as I only booked my train tickets on Sunday!

Lyon is the gastronomical centre of the country, apparently, so it should definitely be a good weekend for food! Plus, and I know that this is a really shallow reason to visit somewhere but hey, they have Starbucks which I haven't had since a weekend in Barcelona earlier in September (that I will do a very belated post on soon) and I'm craving a big latte instead of a café crème.

Right, best get a wiggle on and get myself moving!
A plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment